I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Ju's first trip to the pumpkin patch....or to a yard filled with pumpkins

Julia is three years old, but this is her first Halloween. She is at the magical age when everything is special and exciting. She is also my little girl who hears, remembers and connects everything. After reading books and talking about fall and pumpkins, she was absolutely in heaven in the pumpkin patch!



She had been telling us for days about all the steps to make a jack-o-lantern..."You cut a hole in the top and take out the gooly, gooly yuck, and make a face and put in a candle...." There was no way we were not going to be making a jack-o-lantern!




I carved my share of pumpkins as a kindergarten teacher for nine years, but I must say that doing it with my daughter was AMAZING! We had such a good time, and the thrill and excitement in her eyes was a priceless joy that I will always remember. These are the joys of our time in America. I am so thankful for each special moment.
post signature

1 comments:

Karen Ivy said...

Another special memory for Papa and Nana too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...