I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sometimes things just don't work

I have been trying to upload a video, to no avail. I have the worst luck with this stuff. I cannot be hard to do, but I just can't do it. I have wasted quite a bit of time trying, so I will cease my efforts once again. Maybe one day y'all will see the adorable video of Julia reading "Eight Silly Monkeys" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." 


We were in Nairobi this weekend. Traveling is always tiresome here. We were meeting with Janice from Haven on the Hill, the home with the boys where I was the director before starting the baby house. They are building their next phase of housing for more boys. It is exciting to see things grow!


We also went to a baby shower for Lillian, one of the Heshima teachers. That is not a Kenyan tradition so it was kind of fun to watch them. Here, you just don't talk about things like pregnancy, so drawing attention to it was strange for them, but they loved the shower. 


It was also great to be back at our Nairobi church, Karen actually. I love Karen Vineyard Church and miss it terribly! Nakuru just does not have a church like that. In fact, there are no Western-like churches in Nakuru. I miss American worship music and preaching/teaching from a Western thought and perspective. I do love Nakuru Vineyard, but it is just not the place for growing or challenging. It was nice to be back in KVC on Sunday. 


Yesterday was a productive day with some business accomplished, official forms filled out, signatures obtained, and a quick stop at the bank - a sheer miracle! We picked up Lizzy's new piece of PT equipment - a stander!!! - and did a little shopping before coming back to Nakuru. Once here, we checked in at the baby house and went to meet with our social worker about an important meeting that I have on Wednesday. 


All in all, a productive few days. But sadly, I didn't accomplish the (what should be simple) task of uploading a video of my little girl. I'll try again another time....maybe.


Now, I am off to meet our knitting ladies! Can't wait to see them!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...