I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Adam's Visit - Perfect Timing!

My pastor from home came to visit. Adam is the Associate Pastor of my church in Houston, Trinity Vineyard Church in Cypress, Tx. The Trinity family has been a huge encouragement to me over the past year and a half. And this representation of Trinity held true to that, once again. Adam came on a vision trip in preparation for bring his family and a Trinity team later this year. Adam and I have Skyped number of times over the past year, and it is great to see someone so interested in supporting others in such a personal way. His true desire has been to know me, know my staff, and know the people we work with on a personal level so that when he comes to visit and/or brings teams, there is already a relational foundation to build upon. Skype has been a great tool for that.




Adam's timing was perfect. I think God knew that I would be needing that support at that time. I have not been blogging about the drama that has been going on here, but it is so very obvious that Satan is not pleased with the work the Lord is doing through our ministry. We have been under a lot of attack in the past week. It has been such a heavy, draining week, and Adam was here to do what a pastor's heart does....encourage, love and support. And advise and counsel! THANK YOU, ADAM!!!


Adam and I talked through ideas about how his team can work with us, and he has some incredible and very unique ideas on short-term mission trips. He is able to look at the bigger picture and see effective ways to really impact the longevity of the ministry and support those who are here, living the life full-time.  I am already looking forward to the Trinity team's visit later this year. And I am super excited about the blessing my staff will receive through this partnership! 

2 comments:

A. Mosley said...

Thanks Trena! It was great spending time with you guys. God is doing incredible things through HCO. Please say hello to all the aunties, the babies, the big boys and the guys for me! Asante sana. Let's talk soon!

Karen Ivy said...

I am thankful for this time of ministry. God is good! All the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...