I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

My First Valentine


Tonight is a tough night. Tomorrow is a big day for us. Julia and I go to court for the first step (third try) of our guardianship process. As I sit tonight and pray for my baby girl, I am flooded with emotion. I am so glad that this day is finally here. (The court date was set the first of November.) Yet, at the same time, I am battling fear. We have been sent back to Step One before.


Right now, I trust that the Lord will go before us, prepare our way, and grant us favor. I have no doubt that we are going in the right direction. I know that God has given me this precious treasure, this little girl that I love with my whole heart. Now, I pray that the governmental and legal representatives will also see that and allow us to continue the process and move forward with the next step.


This precious little girl has stolen my heart. I love her so very much. So much it hurts. Literally. I am sitting here now with an actual pain in my chest, overwhelmed by how much love floods my heart for this beautiful baby.


I have never been in a relationship or had a valentine on Valentine’s Day. This year, I do. I know love in a whole new way. I now know what it means to love someone more than life itself. I would give anything for my baby girl. I love her with my whole heart. This is a Valentine’s Day when I am truly thankful for the love of my life; thankful that I know such a depth of love.


And I want Julia to grow up knowing how much I love her, and how I always will. Always. Always.

So…..

My beautiful Julia,


Do you know how much I love you, Baby Girl? I do! SO much! You are truly the joy of my life and I am thankful for every day I have with you. You are the best gift God has ever given me.

Do you know how special you are? God has chosen you to be His special daughter. And mine, too. Though you were born into a tough situation, He redeemed your life and gave you a new hope. That is a perfect picture of His love for you! He loves you that much.

Do you know that God has an amazing plan for your life? You have a story unlike any other. You will grow to tell people about God’s love in a very unique way, in a way that will touch many lives. You will truly know what it means to be adopted by your Heavenly Father, born into one family and eternally adopted into His, taken as His very own.


I pray that you, my precious little girl, will always know how very loved you are. You are truly cherished and highly treasured by me and by your Heavenly Father. May you never doubt our love for you.

I am SO blessed to be your mommy! Thank you for being my best girl.

Love,
Mommy


We would GREATLY appreciate your prayers tomorrow! We go to court at 9am here, 12midnight CST (Sunday). 

1 comments:

Kris said...

Praying with you, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...