I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

One Year Ago

~ Warning: a picture heavy post. 
A walk through Julia & Mama's first year together ~


One year ago, I returned home to Kenya on New Years Day and {quite unofficially} began the journey of "mommyhood." After months of searching and trying to discern what God was doing in mine and Julia's lives, I went home to America for the holidays and to discuss the possibility of taking Julia as my own.


It was this time last year that we began to transition into Mother-Daughter. (To read the story of how it all came about, you can CLICK HERE.) Oh, what a year it has been! Absolutely amazing!! 



Beginning this new year, I cannot help but reminisce about the wonderful ride of 2010. God has blessed me abundantly this year. Our ministry is amazing. I cannot tell you how honored and humbled I am to realize that God allows me to be a part of what He is doing. And I feel the same way about being a mom. It is definitely the scariest, most difficult, most overwhelming job I have ever done, but the reward is priceless! 



2010 was an awesome year! I look forward to 2011 being even better! I KNOW He must have great things in store....things that allow us to go to America and bring us steps closer to me being Julia's legal mother. 

For now, I am thankful for my precious little girl and I am so thankful that God allows me to be her mommy. 


Here is a look at our first year together.... 

Until we got contacted Julia's family and got her birth certificate, we were estimating her birthday based on information from where we got her. We thought it was in December so had her 1st birthday party when I returned home in January. We were over 4 months off. :-( 































I love you, Baby Girl! 

1 comments:

Myers Family said...

I always believe that a mom is the best and most rewarding job a person can have. What a blessing for you both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...