I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

An afternoon stroll down a dusty road

Susan and I had been out all day, busy with the women's project. We came home just in time to go on a walk with the babies and aunties. 


Two Peas - Jeremiah & Julia


Me & Hopey

Suzy & Elijah

The rains have been gone for a long time, so we are seriously dry and dusty. Yuck. But it was still a fun walk. 

Happy Lizzy and her friends, Julia & Jeremiah

Maggie & Joseph

Jully and William

And it helped me to remember the vast majority of all Kenyan who walk everywhere, and to be thankful that I am in that extreme small majority of Kenyans (maybe as small as 5% of the population?) who are blessed enough to have a vehicle! 


 Grace & David

Jully (& William), Julia, Suzy, Jeremiah, Maggie (& Joseph)
Before entering our gate, we enjoyed one of the daily cow parades. Julia and Jeremiah often run to the gate to peer through and watch the cows pass, but this was a little more up close and personal for them. 



The cows come from as far down the road as we can see. A constant stream of cows from one end of the road to the other.


This is one of those things that I referred to yesterday when I talked about things becoming normal, forgetting that this is really not a normal sight in America. I never drove through a small herd of cows, hearing their tails slap on the side of my car as I enter my neighborhood and drive into my driveway. But, in our very developed, highest class neighborhood of our town, this is normal. Love my Kenyan life!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...