I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I want to be just like You

Little eyes are watching.
Little ears are listening.
Little hands are copying.
Little mouths are repeating. 

What do I want her to see? What do I want her to hear? What do I want her to know? I want her to know Jesus. I want her to see Jesus in me.


“…Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father…” 
(John 14:9)
Lord, may I walk each day, so engrossed in Your Spirit that my little girl sees You as she watches me.


She wants to be like Mommy. And that warms my heart. And it scares me. And it reminds me of an old Philips, Craig and Dean song:

“Lord, I want to be just like You
Cause (s)he wants to be just like me
I want to be a living example
For [her] innocent eyes to see
Help me be a living Bible, Lord
That [her] little eyes can see
I want to be just like You
Cause she wants to be like me”


“Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.” 
(I Corinthians 11:1)

As my little girl keeps her eyes on me, may I keep my eyes on You, Father. May I look to You for every need, every desire, and every hope.


May she see me running to Your feet in times of need.
May she see me give You glory for every blessing we receive.
May she see me placing my trust in Your unfailing love.
And may she see me imitating You, showing kindness from above.


“Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a gragrant offering and sacrifice to God.” 
(Ephesians 5:1)


I hope and pray that this year, as I continue my journey with Christ, striving to be more like Him, that my little one will see Jesus in me. May I be that living example to her, showing her each day what it is to walk in the love of God. 


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...