I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank You Serve Team!

The team from Serv Ministries International is here and I am blessed to be with them for a few days.  I met them in Nairobi on Wednesday and they came out to spend the afternoon holding babies at my place.  It was great to have them there, and they of course LOVED our precious little ones.  (The little ones that I am missing terribly, by the way!)

Then, I met them yesterday morning to come to Nakuru with them.  We met one of their partner ministries, Joe and Molly Bail with Springs of Hope.  Joe and Molly are a distribution point for some of the Serv food that comes into Kenya so they have been showing the team a few of their ministry sites, including a Provential hospital (government run) and a local landfill.  


Now, I am STILL blessed to be joining them on a little safari at Lake Naivasha Resort.  I had no idea how much I needed a day away with no house responsibilities at all.  This is one of the biggest blessings I've been privileged to receive in a long time.  They are an amazing group and getting to spend time with them is an honor.  


Our evening ended with a walk down to the lake, a boat ride up close & personal with the hippos, then a little safari walk to stroll amidst the wildebeast, gazzelle, zebra, and my favorite....giraffes!!!  The giraffes were simply amazing, a beautiful sight. their long necks were sillouetted by the sunset. I could sit and watch a giraffe walk for hours. 


Thank you, Serv Ministries, for this wonderful gift!  I have had a blast with y'all! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...