I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Frustrations

I know, I know.  It is supposed to be "Favorites" but today it seems the frustrations are coming more easily. Hopefully by the end of the day the favorites will outweigh the frustrations and I will post them.

For now....the day before 8am...

* My dog threw up on the floor in my room.
* I am having a reaction to a bug bite and my lymph nodes are swelling and painful.

* We have no water.
* The babies (Julia & Jeremiah) are worse.

Please pray for these two babies.  The doctors, including a dermatologist, have no idea what is going on.  It is certainly a combination of things, mostly stemming from malnutrition at a young age and its lasting effects.  Just when they seem to be doing better (we had three days of improvement!!!) it takes another turn.  They both woke up with issues again today.  Jeremiah's feet are blistered and oozing puss.  More than you wanted to know, I am sure.  And Julia's entire body has been covered with measles looking bumps that are now more defined and are combined with scaly patches. We have been following every one of the doctors' orders completely!   This is so frustrating.  Please pray for the doctors to have wisdom as they look at them, once again at 11:45 this morning.

At present, the kids don't seem to be too bothered by their issues. Jeremiah is scooting around everywhere, almost crawling.  Julia is talking on the shoe phone, as jabbery as always.

 


The water story - We are having our main tank cleaned out.  It has obviously been YEARS since this was done.  So far, they have found big chunks of wood, pieces of wire, steel pipes and a shoe.  No wonder our water is bad! I tried to drink it and had to go back to bottled water....and we have a borehole well!! 


 
 

In order to clean the tank it has to be empty so the guys were supposed to pump water to our three usage tanks. Well, the power was out yesterday morning when they were wanting to empty the main tank so they could not pump the water up.  I had left the house to take Elizabeth to therapy, work at Heshima and take Jackie to the doctor. When I came home at noon to talk to our social worker, there were ladies walking down our driveway carrying water buckets on their head.  Apparently the guys needed to get the water out of the tank so they were giving away water.  (I have wanted to do a water give-away but didn't plan it this way. People have to pay to get water and carry it to their homes.)  At this time, the power was back on. I had assumed (stupidly) that they had filled OUR tanks. I thought they were giving away excess water, our tanks being full. It seems the guys never thought to check if power was back on to pump water. Instead they spent the remainder of the afternoon giving away water while I our own tanks were not filled.


Logic.  It is not so common around here. 

So, first thing this morning I am in the shower and about halfway through it gets scalding hot! We use instant electric showers that heat water as it comes through the tap. Water pressure determines the heat level.  Less pressure, hotter water.  Sure enough....the pressure is going down because I am using the last of the water in our house tank!  So, I had to turn off the water heater and use the remaining trickles of freezing cold water to wash the soap out of my hair. So much fun.  And the thoughts running through my head.....WHY is the tank empty?????  And HOW will we fill it if the main tank is empty and being cleaned today AND tomorrow?!?!?!  

Needless to say, I had to pray a bit before going down to talk to the guys.  When I did, this is what they showed me. Mmmm....clean water??  No wonder I have to drink bottled water.  Granted, this is scraping the bottom of the tank, but it's still gross.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...