I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, October 26, 2009

Goodbye Jackie-O!!


The awesome Jackie is leaving today and we are all so very sad.  :-( 


with her boy, Jeremiah
 Jackie has been here since June.  She hit the ground running and has been on the go ever since.  She was supposed to go out to Haven on the Hill as soon as she arrived in Kenya, but rather than taking her there, I kidnapped her and kept her here with me to help us move into the baby house days after she arrived.  

 feeding Kate at Westgate Mall the day we picked her up

Since the babies came to Haven of Hope, Jackie has been a life-saver.  Rarely do Jackie and I leave the house without a baby or two.  I could not have done half the things I've done without her, or at least not as easily!  She is great with the babies and so helpful as she even teaches the staff.  
 
with 3 day old Baby Joy
And the best part - Jackie is hilarious!  I've had my own comic relief on hand 24 hours a day.  She has made some very frustrating moments a lot more bearable! 

holding the little Eli (8 weeks) the night we brought him home
I am SO blessed to have had Jackie here.  She was an awesome worker with an incredible attitude.  I think she is one of the most grounded, mature 20 year olds I have ever met.  Although that is also her excuse for doing anything stupid and it comes in handy when she wants it to: "I'm 20."   


with MY baby Julia, sometimes I share. And Julia loves Auntie Jackie
Well, okay "20," THANKS for everything!  I will miss you greatly!!  Don't forget to send me CDs!  The babies and the girls will miss you too.  Oh, and Emmanuel, well......  Just remember the forrest conversation if you fleeting moments of wanting to be a Maasai.  

with her Maasai brothers

Goodbye Auntie Jackie!  We will miss you!  See you in December.  :-)


And if anyone in the Houston areas would like to meet the famous Jackie, you can come hear her speak at HCO's Evening of Thanks and Giving on December 5th. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...