I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Remember Nduku

For those of you who have been with me for awhile, you will remember Nduku and her daughters.

We first met them when we came to Kenya in 2006. She was HIV+ and was suffering from TB. Their father had died and she was having a very hard time caring for herself and her daughters. That team combined resources and left enough to care for them for over a year. I left more the last time I as here. That, combined with what the Mayoli family gives has sustained their family until now.

Unfortunately, Nduku passed away a few days ago. Her daughters are now orphans. Mutheu, Mutanu, and Mulee.









It continues to amaze me how the Lord works!! Over the past few weeks I have been talking with some people and exploring a new ministry idea. (That is, new for me; I'm sure other people already do it!) I am all for childrens homes and orphanages that provide children with a safe place! I LOVE working with the homes that I do, and I see GREAT things going on there. But, I have also had a desire to work with orphans and families in their own home village. I have been thinking through the process of supporting families who care for orphans in their own home. I think it is important, if at all possible, for children to be raised with a family...in their own village, near their home and people. That is rarely the case with orphans, though. Even one extra person can be a huge burden on a family. I have been thinking how great it would be to help enable a family to raise an orphan in their home. By eliminating the additional cost of clothing, school fees, and even supplementing provision of food, many more families would be willing to raise their orphaned family members. That would also open up an opportunity for discipleship with families who can raise children in a godly, Christian home.


Well, here is a way to try it out and put it into action! These girls need it!


I am coming home in a few weeks and will be working out the details for this, as well as several other things the Lord has been leading me towards. I can't wait to share with everyone!!!!! I am SO excited to see how God is working!!


I really believe that we all can truly make a difference in these girls lives. I have talked with Mr. Mayoli this morning. He is the one who has been overseeing their care....dispersing money as needed. He has amazed me at how he has been able to stretch the money so that their needs are met over a long period of time. How crazy that the money is running out at this particular time.


Please pray for Mutheu, Mutanu, and Mulee. I am going to visit them next Tuesday-Wednesday. I will update on their situation when I get back.


Also, please let me know if you are interested in helping these girls, or any of the other orphans we will be working with. I will tell you about them, and have a LOT more information about all of it very soon. Stay tuned...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...