I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, July 25, 2008

It Was Like Christmas!

Gifts delivered! Thanks again, Shed!!

I said yesterday that I wouldn’t be able to go out to the site until Monday, but the boys’ “mamma” called me at 9:30 last night saying that two of the boys were very sick and I needed to go today. So, I started calling around for someone free to go with me and praying that God would miraculously dry up the roads through the night. Indeed, God is good! The roads were much better, and He opened up the skies to allow sunshine for the first time in a week!

I could write about the boys’ excitement when we opened the bag of goodies, but pictures are worth a thousand words, right? (Although everyone knows I would have no trouble coming up with a thousand words!)

The Bibles…Honestly, I have to say I was surprised by the boys’ reaction to the Bibles. I think in America our kids might be somewhat spoiled; most of them would not be so thrilled to get any type of book. Godfrey especially loved the Bible.





















Each of them had a favorite.

































The poor older boys, John & Kelvin, always miss out on the first half of our visit because they are in school. :-( It is so much fun to see them come home from school, though. You can tell they really miss the younger boys while they are gone. It's a sweet reunion, just after a few hours. It's nice to see that they are really like a family now. John and James have a special relationship. John is such a great big brother to him!
It was another great day at the Haven. Thanks for making it such a fun one, Shed! The kids really did have a great time playing!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...