I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thank You, Shed!!

My wonderful Sunday school class at Houston’s First Baptist Church, the Shed, sent some great things for the boys at Haven on the Hill, the home I am working with. I was simply overwhelmed by their generosity!!
I can’t wait to take the stuff out to them! I was going there today, but it was too muddy. The home is 23 kilometers off the paved tarmac road, and even with a 4WD, I didn’t want to risk it by myself. I will go out on Monday. The boys are going to be SO excited!

Bibles – the mamma at the house can read English. She will use the children’s Bibles to read stories for their mini English lesson time. (They mostly speak Kiswahili, but we want them to learn English, too.)


Toys – How fun!!! Right now, they have a few stuffed animals and matchbox cars to play with. They are going to be in shock with so much more!


School supplies – These will be great for them! The older boys have missed out and are a little behind in school. Anything like this stuff…flashcards, practice books, etc. are VERY expensive and hard to find.

Socks & Underwear – Maybe not so fun for the kids, but hey….you gotta have them!

Bedding – The real Mamma of the home, the founder of Haven on the Hill & Through the Storm Ministries, Janice Wagner, sent these. Janice lives in the Houston area and was able to meet Kris to send a few things, as well.

I’m so thankful to Janice, and her husband, Phil, for letting me be a part of this ministry!! You can find out more about the home, future plans for the home, pictures, and their ministry at www.throughthestorm.org

THANK YOU, SHED!!! I am so blessed to have such a great group of supporters!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...