I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

God is GOOD!

He has opened an amazing door of ministry for me! A few weeks ago, the day Kris left to go back home to be exact, God starting laying things out for me. Actually, I am sure He has been working on that for a very long time! We finally just all got on the same page and realized what He has been working out.

I am partnering with Phil and Janice Wagner and Through the Storm Ministries. They recently opened a new orphanage outside Nairobi. They just welcomed the first children about three weeks ago. The tricky thing is that they live in Texas, not here! Funny thing…I live here. Isn’t it crazy how God works? Later on, I’ll post about how all this came to be. It’s quite a God-story!

Anyway…I will be working with them, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the children’s home, Haven on the Hill. I will be doing such things as, making sure that they have, or get, what they need…food, supplies, clothes, workers’ wages, etc., and making sure that the little ones are well taken care of. I will be like the liaison between the home here and Through the Storm Ministries in Texas. It is a new facility, and new additions and construction are underway. I will be helping the Wagners oversee what is going on here. It is nearly impossible for people to be taken advantage of here. There is NO doubt that they would be seriously taken advantage of if they try to handle things long-distance!

Me and Janice as she was leaving for the airport

As Janice was leaving Kenya a few weeks ago to return home, she was concerned about how God was going to take care of these sort of things while she was away. My friend, Jennifer Phillips with International Treasure House Ministries, was helping her in the beginning processes, but Jennifer is extremely busy with her own childrens home site (Into Abba’s Arms) and other ministries. She was very concerned about taking on a new venture as big as this. So….God brought us all together! Jen is well-versed at doing the things I will be doing, so I will have someone to help me learn the ropes.

I will be going out to the site at least once a week between now and when I go home in August. I will probably stay overnight at the site a few times. I want to get to know the kids and let them know me. Pray for my Swahili to improve!! They don’t speak much English at ALL!!!

At present, we have 5 little boys! They are ages 1, 3 (a YOUNG 3), 3, 5, and 7. Here is the whole gang....

Me, Joshua, Jen, Godfrey, James, Naomi (the house girl), Dorcus (the mamma)
Kelvin and John

1 comments:

brickmomma said...

Just found your blog....LOVE it!! I will keep reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...