I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Goodbye First Steps!

Today was my last day teaching 4 yr olds at First Steps in Katy. Although I'm not leaving for another two months, I need to be using this time working hard to raise support, and the drive back and forth from Midland is getting old. I've heard people talk about how hard it is, and I'm beginning to understand! I still have so far to go!

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time there. It has been so fun to just teach....no mounds of paperwork, no benchmark testing, no formal assessments, no leveled inventories....just teaching! And guess what...I still knew my kids! I knew where they were, what they knew, their strengths, their weaknesses, and how to guide teaching to best meet their needs! What an amazing concept! Just teach. Of course, the highlight was getting to know and love these kids. It was a pleasure to spend time with them. They have some awesome parents, too!

So, Miss Trena's Class (now Mrs. Lisa's Class)....I will miss you! I'll be back to visit and speak in chapel on December 11th!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...