I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Flight Confirmed!

It's real! I'm really going to Kenya!

I'm trying a different itenerary this time. I've done both of the other iteneraries that are generally the options from Houston. Going British Airways, the Houston-Nairobi options are usually:
(a) a 8+ hour layover at London Heathrow (which was fine with a group, but no so fine trying to stay awake and alert in an airport alone for that long), or
(b) a 3 hour layover INCLUDING airport transfer from London Gatwick to London Heathrow (which is possible, but may be pushing it to get through customs and onto a transfer bus alone with a carryon, a big suitcase and three shipping containers...all of which will be packed to the max weight limit!

So, I am opting for trying a connection in Chicago. The time spend doing that will get me to London later, and I will not have to wait at the airport for so long. I would much rather be moving and trying to make an extra connection in Chicago than just sitting in London! And, this connection will not be in another country, so I won't have to go through customs. Yea!

I leave on Janurary 28th.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...