I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, October 22, 2010

Well, I Didn't Do So Great....

I WAS doing good at keeping the blog updated....and then chaos hit. :-( These were honestly, perhaps the hardest few weeks of my life. If it says anything about them....I went to America for over 3 weeks and actually LOST weight! That just does NOT happen! 


I am back home (for 2 days now) and life is beginning to get back on track.


The babies did fine while I was away and I was SO happy to see them! And of course, happy to see my baby Julia meet me at the airport, too. It was one of the most special moments ever. Over three weeks away from my baby was TOUGH, even without all that transpired while I was home. It is GREAT to be back with her.


Kris's wedding was absolutely beautiful. I am so grateful that I was able to be there to share it with her. She and Barry are now enjoying their honeymoon in the Cook Islands near New Zealand. She has even texted and emailed to make sure I am still alive after an eventful few weeks. I love her so much and am so happy for her and her new husband! They are amazing!


My mom went home from the hospital on Tuesday. It was quite an ordeal;  three weeks filled with worry, confusion, frustration, fear, and sadness as she was not able to attend Kris's wedding. The doctors continued (and continue) to be at a loss as to why she took (or is taking) so long to recover from a concussion. None of them have ever seen anything like it. However, on Sunday and Monday (2.5 weeks) she was able to walk a few steps without fainting, so she was released Tuesday morning. She is still terribly weak, as is to be expected after three weeks of no activity. She is receiving physical therapy at home and was able to walk 30 steps yesterday, up from 15 steps the day before. She is also able to sit up for most of the day now. Please continue to pray for her full recovery and that there will be some answers as the initial cause and probably of recurrence.


Okay...NOW, back to regular posts....REALLY! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...