I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Girls' Getaway to Sedona

The reason I went home so early for Kris's wedding is so that we could take a girls' getaway trip. It was hard to leave Julia for so long, but I really wanted to have time to hang out with Kris before the craziness of wedding week. 


When we were thinking of where to go, Arizona never entered my mind. We wanted a spa type weekend where we could relax. A beach trip was kind of out because it would have been in the middle of hurricane season, and being from the Gulf area that's always on our minds as a consideration. We both love big cities, Chicago, NYC, but didn't want the hassle of the hustle and bustle of a city. Napa Valley was a consideration, but....I'm a missionary, on a missionary "salary," and didn't want to spend my life savings on a five day spa retreat. 


So, Kris (or Barry, actually) thought of Sedona. My first response was something like, "Um....no," but after seeing a few pictures and some of the spa resort links Kris sent, she sold me on the idea. And I am glad she did. I must say that my perception of Arizona was a bit skewed. Obviously, not all of it is flat, dusty, cactus sprinkled desert. 





Sedona was beautiful! And, despite the fact that I spent half the time on the phone getting/giving updates on my mom, we had a wonderful time!


  
We did spa treatments each day, which were fabulous!

And we spent some time shopping in the cute little quaint shopping square. Sedona sits in a valley type thing with the big red rocks surrounding it. It was a beautiful atmosphere and gorgeous weather. 







And of course, Kris had to do a little geocaching. She couldn't find this one...




We did a Pink Jeep Tour into the red rocks. Absolutely beautiful!








It was great to spend time together without agendas and to-do lists. Lots of time to sit and enjoy the views. Arizona wasn't what I thought it was. Well, this part at least. 

1 comments:

Terry said...

Arizona is a beautiful state. I love the desert and the mountains and the canyans. Lots to offer. so glad you gave it a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...