I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baby Update - Hope

Hope's First Week at HOH

Hope Now
(One Year Old)


Hope came to us when she was two weeks old. Her mother died during childbirth and her family came to the hospital to take the mother's body, but sadly chose to leave the baby. A teeny, tiny, precious little preemie baby.


I was called by Nairobi Children's Home to come pick a little baby boy (Elijah). When I got there, I was told about a baby girl who had arrived earlier that day that was in need of care. All that was known about her was that she had just been released from the hospital as an abandoned baby with "a severe heart lesion." Though I was unsure of what that entailed or what her true prognosis would be, I was sure that this vulnerable little baby should not be left there at that government run institution. They admittedly had no way to pursue her healthcare. When I asked what they would do if I did not take Hope, I was told, "We will wait to see if she will live or die." 

Knowing that Hope was a preemie, it was my hope that her "heart lesion" was a heart murmur that she would outgrow. To God's glory, that is exactly what it turned out to be. A simple heart murmur that closed itself up and went away. 


Now, Hope (or Hopey-Hope as the staff calls her) is a happy, healthy one year old! Still a small little girl, she is developing and growing every day. As the quiet little one who is often under the radar with the older ones busying around and the younger ones demanding the aunties attention for their every need, Hope easily entertains herself and happily watches the hustle and bustle of activity going on around her. 




Hopey is a little cuddle-bug, especially in the evenings after dinner. When our friend, Jen Cates, came to visit and volunteer at HOH, she and little Hopey developed quite a bond.


That is when I learned of Hope's special evening snuggle time. I am usually not there that late in the evenings, but I must say that my evening stays have really increased since Jen introduced me to the precious, priceless "6:30 Cuddle Time with Hopey-Hope." What a special time of day! 

And what a special little girl! Hope is one year old and is pulling herself up, trying to walk along edges and loves to interact and make noise during singing time.

How can you pray for Hope?
Pray that...
* Hope will continue to grow and develop,
* Hope will grow knowing that she is special, loved and has a purpose in this life,
* our staff (George & Joyce) will be able to track down the proper documentation to follow up on her abandonment so that she can be put on an adoption list.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...