I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Little Getaway

I know that many people may think I am crazy for leaving little David, but I did. I left him with the aunties for a few hours each day since last Thursday so they could get used to him. They are doing great, and so is he. I AM going home every day to check on him...and the other babies, too.  And for the record, I miss him terribly!! Even though I am seeing him each day, my nights are strangely lonely.  Don't get me wrong...I have LOVED not waking each hour for the past two nights, but I miss him.

But now....I have been given a great gift of a getaway this week!  I am staying in Tigoni with some friends' kids while they go on an anniversary trip.  (A much-needed getaway for them, I might add!)  The kids are ages 16, 13, 6 and 3 and they are fabulous!! The three oldest are girls and the youngest is a boy. I am enjoying them so very much.

So, I am on my own little getaway in the beautiful tea fields of Tigoni, near Limuru, Kenya. For those of you who know Brackenhurst, this home is on the same hillside as Brackenhurst. Simply amazing. And an added bonus: 25 minutes from Village Market! :-) 

I am so thankful to be a part of this family for the week! The older girls are taking GREAT care of me and Julia! And the younger ones are just adorable!  Julia and I are having a great time! 

And I am having fun getting to be "pretend mom" to a whole family. Even cooking for more than one is fun!


Here is my "family for the week"....



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...