I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, June 8, 2007

The Widow's Mite...a First Grader's Allowance

An amazing little girl I have never met blessed me by her gift. As part of a Global Impact project, the Children's Department at my mom's church (First Baptist, Midland) has been doing a fund-raiser called "Coins for Clothes" to collect money for clothes for kids in Mukaa, where we will be ministering this summer. A little girl, Kaylee, was going to be out of town on the last week of the project, but wanted to give her money. She and her mom brought it up to the church office where my mom works. Isn't that sweet? Kaylee's mom said, "Kaylee really enjoyed doing things to collect money for the clothes. She even decided to give all the money in her wallet because she would have other chances to earn money this summer." Her mom also said that she is praying now for God's call on Kaylee's life to be clear...whatever call that may be. How precious. I am praying that with her. And what a prayer that is for all of us...for God's call on our lives to be clear! Thank you for sharing, Kaylee! You are a blessing to me, and will be a blessing to my new friends in Kenya! I can't wait to tell them about you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...