I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Gift of Adoption

(photo by Kara Bryant Photography - thanks, Kara!)

Obviously, adoption is near and dear to my heart. It's what I do. It is the goal of my baby center and the reason I started it. It is what I hope for in my personal life. It is the base of my relationship with my Maker.

Even though I think about adoption all the time and it is a very real thing to me, God has been taking me deeper in my thoughts towards adoption and its implications on my life. He has been showing me new relationships and correlations of adoption that are working together to give me a more solid picture of who He is to me. I am so thankful for the gift of adoption! In fact, I think I might share some of this with a group this weekend when I speak on Saturday. I'm just so excited about it all that I want to share!!!

I will write more about this later, but today I wanted to share some awesome news for Julia and I...the adoption agency in Kenya and the partner American agency have agreed to take our case and help us begin our journey to adoption!!! This is a HUGE thing, as our case is very unique and somewhat involved and complicated. I am legally Julia's guardian until she is 18 years old, but that is obviously not the same as adoption. We have a long, hard road in front of us, but we we are about to take our first steps down that road!! Hopefully, we will begin shortly after the first of the year.

Oh, how I wish I could share some of the details and what I have been told! It is truly evidence of God's hand at work - absolutely no other explanation! Some of the first hurdles have already been overcome, and I am seeing proof that all the struggles and fights we have gone through over the past year and a half (mostly pertaining to her guardianship) have all been foundational for this. It is great confirmation to know that it was worth it, as if I ever had a doubt!

I can't wait to share with you this journey to adoption! Though earthly adoption can be a long, complicated process, aren't we blessed to have instantaneous adoption by our Heavenly Father!? He accepts us and takes us as His own in a heartbeat...from our very first one, in fact. What a blessing adoption is - on any level!
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...