I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nana's Coming!

Julia and I are in Nairobi tonight. We brought our friend, Jen, who flew back to Egypt today. Now, we are in the guest house we call home while in Nairobi. 


As I am working away on emails and a newsletter, my ears are tickled by the little musings in a tiny voice coming from the bed across the room. There is always something to make me smile in her one-sided conversations. Tonight, an extra big smile! 


Julia was telling Ellie (her bedtime elephant) that Nana is coming! (Yes, she really is!!!) Or maybe she is telling Nana about Ellie. I can't really tell. I hear only parts of her conversation. You know, the verbalized part. Actually, I think she was introducing Nana to Ellie and then telling Ellie that Nana is coming. Julia does talk to Nana quite often throughout the day.




The conversation went something like this....


"Nana, Ellie. Ellie, Nana. Nana coming. Ellie lala. Ellie, no get up. Nana coming. Ellie, water? No water. Nana coming."  (Can you tell what Julia has been told during bedtime the past few nights?) 


I don't think I am the only one looking forward to Nana coming! 


And yes, Nana IS coming! How is it that I am so lucky that my mom is coming to Kenya to visit me for the second time this year?! Hmmm....maybe it is more like Nana is coming to visit Julia. Either way, I'll take it! 


One week from this exact moment (Sunday night here) Julia and I will be at the airport, standing in the abyss of dark-skinned faces, looking into the fish bowl of tourist and travelers searching for their luggage, waiting for the first glimpse of NANA! We simply cannot wait! 




It is so special to watch and listen to Julia and realize that she is comprehending so much. I love the fact that she really knows that Nana is coming. I am sure she does not comprehend the fullness of what that really means, but she does know Nana and she knows that Nana is coming. And she is obviously excited about it enough to tell Ellie about it!


So, 7 days....and counting! 

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I can't tell...are you excited about Nana coming?

Trena said...

Umm...maybe a little. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...