I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Favorites

So it may not be a great picture, but let me just tell you that this was a most precious moment. 




I have many wonderful childhood memories. Comfort memories. Like pallets on the floor and family movie nights.


I can remember the red, white and navy blue quilt with my parents wedding anniversary date stitched on it spread out on the living room floor in front of the big brown console tv. I know we watched many different movies, but somehow we also seemed to watch the same few more than a hundred times. When it was my brother Kenan's turn to pick, it was probably Old Yeller or Where the Red Fern Grows. When it was my turn to pick, it was usually The Sound of Music or The Parent Trap. 


Last night, I got to make a pallet on the floor with my little girl. Instead of my mom's wedding present quilt, it was the quilt given to me by my mom when I left home and moved to Kenya. Instead of a wedding anniversary date stitched on it, it has a picture of my family on it. Instead of laying the quilt on the short-shag carpet, we laid it on the carpet on the hardwood floor. Instead of lying in front of a big wooden console tv, we were watching on our flat screen. 


But a few things were the same. My mom was still there. And we watched The Sound of Music. And Julia watched and enjoyed it. I got to share a most precious memory and favorite movie from my childhood with my little girl...and my mom.


It was definitely a favorite moment!  

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...