I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Where Have We Been??

Two weeks - 7 different beds. Away - home - away - home. Driving. Driving. Driving. I think that just about summarizes the past two weeks. 

The few days that I was at home in Nakuru were wonderful. Although the days were filled with the usual happenings and mishaps, it was great! I am starting to get a schedule and a routine, and I am able to be much more productive. Julia and I are loving having our own house, too! 

Here is a bit of what our days at home included:

broken guest bathroom at the baby house, 
fundis building cabinets in my kitchen, 
writing new job descriptions,
staff evaluations, 
leaking toilet in the baby house, 
electrical outage in half of baby house, 
unpacking clothes & organizing my closets from the move,
instant shower broken in my house (with guests here), 
updating baby files,
friends coming for overnight visit, 
monthly shopping for babies, 
guest passing out in the cooking oil isle at the supermarket, 
training new staff....

A bit of what our time away included:

going to Tigoni to check on girls/house I am watching while friends are away,
meeting friends in Nairobi for a birthday celebration,
meeting Janice (from Haven on the Hill), 
seeing another friend who finally returned to Kenya!,
visiting the Haven on the Hill boys, 
visiting Julia's family, 
having a "family meeting" with Julia's family,
visiting friends who have done so much to help me,
picking up Judah (my German Shepherd) from friends' house,
picking up Little Tykes play equipment,
visiting Heshima,
ordering furniture,
picking up a new friend/volunteer coming to work with HCO,
meeting with District Childrens Officers in old place,
monthly shopping for Tigoni girls....

So, there ya have it. An overview of my "time away" from blogging. Now, more updates to follow....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...