I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Day in the Life....

I sit down in the evenings with the intent of posting on the blog. I feel like so much has happened, but when it comes to writing about it, I just can't seem to formulate it into anything exciting. I also have the thought stuck in my head that I need some great picture to go along with a post and the busyness of the past week or so have definitely not been so picture worthy. 


The past two weeks have been full. Not so exciting to write about, but full. I love the things I do day-in-day-out, but I am not so sure they are always blog worthy.


So, in case anyone wants to know some of the mundane things that go into funning an international ministry and baby center, here is a glimpse info my life as of the past two weeks, and keep in mind that it takes twice as long to get anything done in this wonderful country of ours than it does in America. Some of the things on my calendar include:

- 3 volunteers overlapping in their time at HOH,
- 6 overnight guests at various times (not including volunteers),
- a visit from our old Childrens Officer from Ngong,
- 3 meetings for registration of HOH Baby Center,
- Baby Kate's 1st birthday party,  :-)
- visit from landlord group (negotiations in progress),
- 2 meetings for registration of HCO as a Society in Kenya, 
- 3 trips to the post office to try to get a box,
- taking the volunteers and friends to Nairobi,
- grabbing bits of baby play time,
- 4 hospital visits,
- 1 visit to potential ministry site,
- 1 staff meeting,
- visit to Tigoni girls,
- "talk" with Tigoni girls' house mom,
- shopping trip to Maasai Market,
- taking Houston's First Baptist team to Heshima,
- baby holding time whenever I can get it,
- 3 ministry meetings,
- initial inspection of HOH Baby Center by Childrenst Dept,
- organizing for 14 tons of gravel for new driveway,
- organizing for driveway/landscaping preparation,
- menu planning for 34 guests,
- shopping for 2 meals for 34 guests,
- project planning for 30 guests,
- buying materials for guest project,
- organizing for work preparation for guest project,
- staff team meeting to explain job duties for guest visit,
- a beautiful new baby girl (3 mo) dropped at our house,
- returning the baby girl back to her family,
- organizing babies' document files,
- organizing staff document files,
- updating needed documents for staff,
- countless trips to the grocery store,
- countless discussions/meetings with my ministry assistant,
- countless emails,
- property development plan meetings for grounds,
- countless discussions with fundis (workmen) when my assistant not around...


I am sure there are more things that did not make the list, but I think that gives you a picture of my life as Director of His Cherished Ones International Ministry and Haven of Hope Baby Center.


Now, add to that some "mommy time" and trying to find a little personal time in the early morning hours. Though I love my "job," my favorite times of any day are the first 15 minutes or so after Julia wakes up, the half hour before she goes to bed, and any few minutes I can grab to sit and hold one of our precious babies.


Though it is a busy life and often full of pressures of being pulling in many directions, I absolutely LOVE my life! And I love sharing it with you. God has done so much more that I ever could have asked or imagined over the past three years! I am blessed to be where I am, doing what I am doing. Though it is not always exciting to write/read about, it is a life that is full of adventure, love, and God's faithfulness and provision.


I pray that each of you who read this will get a glimpse of God's glory in the work He is doing through His Cherished Ones. I am thankful that you ARE a part of it as you read, remember us, and pray for us. 


Thank you,

3 comments:

marty h said...

Wow, I feel stressed just reading about a few of your duties these past two weeks. I am glad you moved to Nakuru if it makes it a bit less stressful! Maybe it doesn't take hours to get across town now. Get a good day's work out of your HFBC visitors.

Katy said...

i'm so jealous of your life :)

it always excites me to read your blog! thanks for sharing trena!

Trena said...

Thanks, y'all.
Marty - Wish you were here with them! You are missed this year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...