I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Official

We are moving to Ngong, Kenya! This will be a good and exciting new move! I am looking forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for us in Nakuru.

One of the biggest changes in this move is that I will no longer live IN the HOH baby house. I have loved living in the house with the babies during this past year. It has been good for me to be there to help teach the staff and establish daily routines, routines that are quite unlike the traditional Kenyan ways of caring for babies! I have been able to see all aspects of the babies' daily lives and make decisions based on 24/7 observation and interaction. Yes, I do take my turn for all-night baby duty.

Now, we are moving into a new stage of life at Haven of Hope. As great and beneficial as it was for me to live in the house in its beginning, I feel it will be just beneficial, in a new sort of way, for me to live outside of the house for this season. (I can share more about that later.)

This will be a big transition, but I am so excited about it. I am looking forward to the new areas of ministry that HCO will be able to work with. As it is our goal to show God's precious children who much He loves and cherishes them, I am already seeing God's faithfulness in opening doors for us to do just that. 


I return to Nakuru tomorrow to finalize some of the logistics for our move. The Lord continues to amaze me as He guides each step and makes His way known! And I love knowing that if He is so faithful and active in the details and logistics of our lives, how much more comforting to know that He is in the heart of what we do!! He longs to love us and to love through us, and He does whatever it takes to make that possible. How fun and encouraging!!  


Thanks for being a part of this ride! I look forward to sharing more with you as the weeks go by.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...