I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Back....With Big News for HCO!

Well, wow! I can't believe I haven't posted in over three weeks!! I'm so sorry for those of you who are wanting updates. 

Obviously, the past few weeks have been very busy for me. The major time-consuming factor is also part of HCO's big news.  

We are moving, or "shifting" as my Kenyan friends would say, to Nakuru, Kenya!

Yes, this is a good thing and God has been so very real to me in leading in this new direction. I hope to share some of the specific stories leading up to this move in the next few weeks.  For now, here is the "short" version, for as much as I am able to be short!

Nakuru is a mid-size town about two hours from Nairobi. It has a small town feel with most of the same goods and amenities available as Nairobi. Yes, sadly, I walked through the supermarket looking for imported items such as ketchup and pasta sauce. 

One of the best "pluses" for me is the road condition and drive time. The area of town where we will live, Milimani, is just a 5 minute drive from downtown! Currently, my drive time to Karen, where I do most of our shopping, etc, is about 30 minutes. This was a 15-20 minute drive just a year ago. The road condition where we currently live is getting worse by the day, or by the rain. I drive the last 3 kilometers to my house in 1st and 2nd gear, if that tells you anything. And I am a fast driver. Even my mechanic has asked why I don't find a place closer to town.

So...I did. And a new town. 

I am very excited about the ministry opportunities we will have in Nakuru. With the changes coming about, I anticipate having more time to explore ways HCO can help those in need by showing the love of Christ to those who so desperately need His Hope.  I will share more later about the impact that this move will have on our ministry as a whole. 

Meanwhile, here are a few things you can pray for....

* HOH's new home - that the details would come together and we will be able to move in by mid-June

* The Staff - That we would bring the staff with us who God wants to be with us. 

* The Babies - That the transition will be smooth and easy for them.

* Our Certificate of Registration process - This is an ongoing issue that we are still "waiting" on. Very typical of Kenya. We can choose to transfer or reregister. Pray that God would give me clear direction on the best way for us to proceed. 

* That the Lord will go before and prepare our way.

I am so excited about the future of His Cherished Ones International Ministry and the Haven of Hope Baby Center! We have some great things in store and I can't wait to see what God does! And I look forward to sharing them with you.  

And I will do better about keeping up with the posts!



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...