I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Prayer Request for Safety at HOH

I just called home to check in on things. I had not talked to them in two days.
Apparently, some people showed up at the gate claiming that the landlord had sent them to inspect the property. They were afraid of upsetting the landlord so they allowed them in. As soon as they told me this, I knew it was wrong. I know the landlord and know he always calls before coming.

I have contacted them, and indeed the people were not sent by the landlord. 

The girls told me that the people insisted on seeing the whole house, every room. And they let them!! So these people have seen everything that is inside our house as well as the layout of the place.  But if they went through the house, they also saw our emergency panic buttons which are hopefully a deterant. Even if they cut the electricity (common practice in a break-in) the panic buttons will still work.  

So, over the next few days, if Haven of Hope comes to your mind, please pray for their protection.  This is a common tactic for burglary in Kenya. I am very disappointed in my staff for allowing them inside, but I understand that they were trying to do what they thought was best. 

I also know that the Lord is our protection and He has these babies, and the staff, in the palm of His hands. But, oh, how I wish I were there!

Thanks for the prayers!  

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Praying with you for the hand of God to cover that place. May it be hidden in the palm of His giant hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...