I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blessed Beyond Measure

We had our first HCO benefit dinner on Saturday. Blessed beyond measure. That is the only way I can describe it! Every single aspect of the evening was sprinkled with blessings from the Lord. 

We originally planned for and expected maybe 55-60 people.  We had 110.
Those 110 people included...
- friends from my former schools,
- friends from HFBC (and the old Shed days!), 
- friends from the awesome Trinity Vineyard church,
- friends from Kenya connections,
- friends from my childhood (including one who visited my mom when I was born),
- friends of friends, 
- friends who I had heard of but never met,
- friends who have been with us from the beginning,
- friends who are new to the HCO family,
- friends who give faithfully every month,
- friends who pray faithfully every day,
- friends who are dying to come hold our precious babies,
- friends who have had the privilege of holding our babies,
- friends who came from down the road,
- friends who came from New Mexico, Michigan and Pennsylvania. 


Most of all, we were blessed to share an evening with friends who care about what we are doing in Kenya and want to be a part of it!  The Lord has truly blessed me abundantly over the past few years.  And He has blessed the ministry of HCO far more than we could have every asked or imagined in its first year!  


What we saw on Saturday was an amazing display of God's provision and faithfulness! I simply CANNOT wait to see what he has in store for us in the next year!  We have set out on our goal of $250,000 in order to purchase our Haven of Hope compound and this weekend brought us a HUGE step toward that goal. 

I know God has an amazing plan for the babies of the house and the ministry of His Cherished Ones in Kenya, and I am so honored to have so many amazing partners in that! It truly takes the partnership of all of us to provide this life for these little ones. 


THANK YOU to all who joined us for such a wonderful night! I hope you enjoyed it.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

mommaof3 said...

You looked so pretty! Wish we could have been there. I am thankful for you, this blog and God's provision!

Alaine said...

I was so blessed by hearing you speak. I left a lot of my heart in Kenya on my one short mission trip there, and am looking forward to going back with my church this spring. So glad I was able to meet you, and Janice. God is truly working with and through you!

Trena said...

Thanks, y'all. I enjoyed and had a GREAT time myself. And I ALWAYS love a chance to talk about my babies.
It was great to meet you, Alaine.
And we missed the Bricks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...