I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Friday's Favorites


Dot.  Dotspot. Definitely a favorite. 

If you know Kris or I well at all, you will know Dot & Tag.  They are the best dogs ever.  But also if you know us, you know they are full of stories...from coming home to a room completely FULL of shredded paper to walking in to find a 5 lb bag of chocolate candies completely consumed, including wrappers.


We have both had to leave work on numerous occasions to tend to their fiascoes or random illnesses.  We have both had to schedule our days around being home to feed the dogs, let them out, etc.  And in the last year, Kris has had to do double-duty...not only just keeping up with both of them since I went to Africa, but also because Dot developed diabetes and needs insulin shots twice a day.

Dot and Tag are littermates. 11 years old. Kris and I have been roommates off-and-on over the past 11 years, but Dot & Tag have stayed together.  We would play the switch-off game, but we knew separating them was not an option.  

Today, I fear they will be separated.  As I sit here bawling like a baby, barely able to see the screen, I am waiting for Kris to come home from work.  Dot has been a frequent visitor to her friends at Grant Rd Animal clinic over the past year and a half, and today will we take her one last time. She has had cancer in eye and battles diabetes. She now has cancer in her lungs and cannot breathe due recurring collapses. She does not feel well.

Dot is our Wonder Dog! For dog lovers, you will understand.  For those who are not pet lovers, you will not.  But we are SO happy for the time we had with Dot. Dot has many friends. 

These are some of Dot's favorite moments... 


 
 
 

2 comments:

Katy said...

I can't help but cry like a baby when I read this! My yellow lab, her name was Sandy, had to be put to sleep this past Spring. She had diabetes too.

I know how you feel, and my heart breaks for you. Praying for you!

Unknown said...

What a special tribute to Dot -- know how you must be hurting. Thanks for sharing her with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...