I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Surprise!

I'm home!  My Texas home, that is.  A surprise trip to America is not an easy thing to pull off.  My parents knew that I was coming home for our first "With Thanks and Giving" HCO Benefit Dinner next weekend, but they had NO idea I was coming home (to Midland) for Thanksgiving! 

I stayed in Kenya for the holidays last year and it definitely did not feel like the holidays to me! So this year....I'm home!!

I was home for my brother's first attempt at frying the Thanksgiving turkey.  And home for Grandma's traditional turkey.  And home to watch Kenan learn to carve the turkey.  And home to eat the turkey. 

 
 

And home for family time.  I had a great time with my mom's family on Thanksgiving Day.  Then, a little shopping on Friday before my mom and I joined my dad's family to watch my cousin perform in "A Christmas Carol" at Midland Community Theater.  (Great job, Ryan!)



I miss my babies terribly, but I am so happy to be home with family.  Thanks to everyone who helped pull of the surprise!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...