I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Heshima

I haven't updated anything about Heshima lately. Heshima is the center for children with special needs that I work with.

I spend one day a week helping out as the Education Coordinator. I work with the teacher, Nelly, to assess the children, set goals and develop their educational plans.

His Cherished Ones also partners with Heshima to provide the salary for the Physical Therapist. True to God's nature, He always has a plan and works things together in such amazing ways. Tracey, the found of Heshima, has generously allowed us to have one of the spaces for PT children so that Elizabeth can go to therapy one day per week.


Elizabeth goes to Therapy every Thursday when I go work with Nelly. This week, Kris joined us and sat in on the therapy sessions. She got to watch Edmond, the PT and then offer suggestions and advice.
We also have two new boys at Heshima. Leon was coming for PT but is now one of our full-time kids. He has mild Cerebral Palsy. He just started on Tuesday and is still getting used to the routine. John is the other new boy. He is blind and has autism. It is a challenge for the center to be able to meet all of his needs due to limited resources and the needs of the other children, but for now he does fine and is adjusting to the routine. I absolutely love this kid. He is a sweetie. He now knows my voice and gets excited when I come. He even crawled into my lap this week. Love him! The other kids are doing great as well. They are growing and learning. Victor and Mark love being the big kids and helping with the little ones. Celeste and Macharia are becoming more independent and have such adorable little personalities. I am blessed to be a part of Heshima!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...