I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm Back!

And here are the TOP 10 reasons I know I'm back in Kenya:
  1. I have to learn to shower with bugs again.
  2. The stinkin' roosters crowing outside my window. (And they don't go by the 7am wake-up call. They squawk whenever the heck they feel like it!)
  3. Having to stop on the road (in the city, no less!) to let the little Masai shephard and the cows cross the road.
  4. When my electric shower doesn't work, which is quite often, it's back to cold splashing water baths! (This was particularly un-fun after arriving home at 11:30pm after 32 hours of travel.)
  5. I had to grate and peel my own carrot sticks. How spoiled am I to want to buy a bag of sweet baby carrots, ready to eat?
  6. A box of Raisin Bran costs $7.
  7. Fixing a puncture (flat tire) on the side of a bad Kenyan road.
  8. Nine hours of power outages on one day, and mutliple short outages on any other given day. (At least I get to re-live the drama of Hurricane Ike several times a week. Oh, the fond memories!)
  9. Getting OUT of our Land Rover and WALKING on foot to within 30 yards of elephants! Yes, stupid, I know, but WAY cool. And great pics!
  10. I could buy fresh fruits and vegetables, a backpack, roasted maize, a dining room table, and an engraved headstone all within a 50 yard stretch along the road to my house!

1 comments:

brickmomma said...

glad you are back home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...