I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Finally Back Online

I guess the biggest reason I know I’m back in Kenya is the internet issue. (See post below for all the other reasons I know I’m back.) There often is no internet. I had wireless before I left, but since I came back my computer has encountered some sort of glitch with the SMS card I use. I finally got it working today!!!! I finally feel re-connected to the world! Cyber cafes are so not fun.

I did make it back safely. My trip home was good. I was able to spend some great time with friends and family and did a little support raising and updating on the ministry. Due to stupid Hurricane Ike, my fund raising was greatly hindered in the end, but God is sovereign and He continues to meet my every need. He is, indeed, our Jehova Jireh.

It is great to be back home. I missed it so much! I have since been able to settle into my new house. I spent one night here before I left, but it now feels like home.

The best part of being back is seeing first-hand how God works and continues to amaze me!

I was GREAT to see my boys at Haven on the Hill again! I can’t describe the joy I felt as they looked out the window and I heard them yell, “Auntie Wa-yoo! Amerudi! Amerudi!” (Auntie Wa-yoo – long story, that’s what they call me. Amerudi – “She has returned!”)

The older ones have really learned a lot of English. We met them on the road by their school as we drove up. They were on lunch break. As I said hello and greeted them in Kiswahili, I was surprised to her Kelvin answer me in English! He said, “I am fine, thank you.” His usually smiling face was especially beaming. He was so very proud of himself. When he and John returned from school a few hours later, they recited a song for us in English. What sweet boys!

The little ones had just gotten new haircuts, so they looked “smart” as Kenyans would say. Of course, Baby James has grown the most. He is starting to try to speak a little bit too.

Now, I am busy trying to find buyers for the vegetables from the home and contractors for our next building projects. Our goal is to be self-sufficient for the daily operations of the home and only have to fund-raise for major projects, like drilling the water well….which, by the way, we are at $43,000 of the $50,000 needed!!!!! Praise God!! So, by selling the vegetables from our very productive shamba (garden) we hope to cover our own operating costs. The next building project will be a playground. This, along with a water well that can service over 5,000 villagers, will be a great way to connect with the community. We want to get to know them and to truly be a light and the face of Christ in the village.

There is so much more to tell, but I will stop there for now. That’s the problem with not being able to update on a daily basis….all the great info and fun things that God is doing adds up!!!!

So, more later…stay tuned….

1 comments:

claggettclan said...

is it later yet? I want to hear more.

...Denise

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...