I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, May 12, 2008

My Kenyan Birthday

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the wonderful birthday wishes!! I feel so blessed to have so many great friends!

As glad as I am to be here in Kenya, it’s really strange to be away from home on my birthday. If you know Kris and I, you know we celebrate “Birthday Week,” not just our birthdays. I think it is hereditary. My mom celebrate “Birthday Month!”

But, thanks to some wonderful people, I celebrated with some very warm wishes and fun birthday gifts! I’ve gotten lots of goodies! I even treated myself to a tuna fish salad and crackers pack for my birthday! (Thanks, Liz!) My new favorite shoes are strap sandals Crocs from my mom. Crocs rock here! Walk on dirty, dusty roads, then just shower with them and you’re good-to-go! And I got a DVD of the latest episodes of my favorite TV shows from Kirsten. (Lost is still frustrating!) Kris sent me a DVD with pictures and video messages, but I can’t open the videos. So sad!! I am going to try to open the CD on an older computer, though. Maybe it’s a Vista quirk. (Wishful thinking, but worth a try.)

See my fun goodies?? THANK YOU, FRIENDS!!!
I know that others have sent packages, so thanks to you, too, even if I haven’t received them. There was an extremely frustrating episode with the post office box I was using that belonged to the family I was living with. But, I have switches PO boxes to the company I am working with and have already received packages through there…MUCH faster and less hassle to clear and collect them! It is much more efficient and timely.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...