I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let the Work Begin!

Well, I have been over two months and only thought I had been busy! Learning language is tough. Learning to live in a new country is challenging. Learning to adjust to a different culture is at times demanding. But, loving people, sharing Jesus with them, and helping to meet their basic needs is so rewarding!

After taking a few months to transition into life in Kenya, I have hit the ground running with my new job as Program Coordinator/American Liaison with Baptist Volunteers in Missions. Basically, I will be doing preparations, follow up, and on-ground ministry with mission teams coming to work in Kenya. I will be working to ensure that the teams coming and the people here in Kenya are on the same page. It is so important for both sides to understand the purpose and mission of the team and to feel connected to the ministry partnership. So, that is what I will be doing. :-)

Of course, there are a lot of logistics that go into planning and preparing for ministry teams. I love that, though. I am learning a lot about the inner-workings of coordinating logistics in this African culture! We’re definitely not in Kansas, anymore, Toto.

In the next two months, we have 10 teams coming from the US, AND one very important visit from my best friend!!!!!! (Kris is coming June 4th!!!!!! Yea!!!!) We will be busy.

I would appreciate your prayers as I begin this new venture in ministry. There is so much to do, so many opportunities!! Through your support, we were able to do many things while initiating projects that will be continued through upcoming mission trips. Because you have given to me through Coins for Africa, I was able to pass that love and support on to many. (See below for some details.) Please consider partnering with us again. In the near future, I will begin raising support through the US non-profit partner ministry, called Kazi Yake (His Works). But for the next few months, you can continue to contribute through the info provided on the left side of this blog. Thank you so much for your prayers!!! God is so big!!

Blessings…

1 comments:

Carol Bock said...

Happy Birthday Trena! What a milestone for you this year! Blessings to you and the church in Kenya In Jesus' name. ~Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...