I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Today's Streams in the Desert hit home. Last week, Jen and I set our return date: March 3rd. Lord willing, we will finally return to Kenya!

Things are not perfect there. They are not completely back to normal. Friends and family wonder why I would still go, why I would not wait for a certainty of calmness and for all strife and fighting in Kenya to cease before I leave. I can't. I feel compelled to go. (By the way, I have been talking to friends there. I'm not going blindly into harm's way. I feel comfortable with the safety of my decision, based on the specific place I am going and what I will most likely be doing.) But, it is a step of faith. There are no guarantees. But there are no guarantees here, either.

Anyway...taken from today's Streams in the Desert:

When God was speaking to the Isrealites, He told them to "...set foot in the Jordan, its waters...will be cut off." (Joshua 3:13) They were to "walk by faith" and step into the waters, not stand and wait for the waters to be cut off before moving.

"We must learn to take God at His word and walk straight ahead in obedience, even when we can see no way to go forward. The reason we are so sidetracked by difficulties is that we expect to see barriers removed before we even try to step through them.
If we would only move straight ahead in faith, the path would be opened for us. But we stand still, waiting for the obstacle to be removed, when we ought to go forward as if there were no obstacles at all." (February 11, Streams in the Desert)

1 comments:

Dennis, Allison, Anjela and B.J. said...

hey Tina, we are in California the moment and won't be back til the end of the week. got your email and we will get in touch with you when we get back for sure!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...