I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Joys of West Texas

Dust...Wind...Orange skies...Dirt...Dirt...Dirt...West Texas. Oh, the memories! But, I love Midland. It's home.

This is what it looked like on my way to the airport on Monday.

This is what it looked like as the plane took off from the Midland airport. Those are not clouds below. It's dust! (Well, the very top are clouds, but not the haze on the bottom.) From the ground, it was not a cloudy day. Just dusty. I had forgotten what it was like! And they said it wasn't really even an "orange sky" kind of day!


Then, on the Houston news yesterday, they kept talking about the horrible winds and the wind advisories. That was nothing! I was in WIND on Monday! What we had here yesterday was just a breezy day. The Houston stations were saying we had wind gusts up to 30 mph. They were gusting to 80 mph in Midland!

And all of that creates huge fire hazzards. Indeed there were (and still are) grass fires all over West Texas. Here is one we saw on the way to the airport. Not an exciting picture, I know. But I took it, so I've gotta post it!

Pray for protection for my brother's place and his animals. They've already had close scares. And so have some of my mom's friends, Kailynn and Wes. It can't be fun to stay up all night long, standing ready to load horse trailers. But, I guess it's one of the joys of living in dusty, dry, windy West Texas!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...