I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So, what are you doing now?

That’s a question I have heard so many times over the past few weeks! Yes, I did go to Kenya. Yes, I am back. And, yes, I plan to return to Africa (as the Lord wills)!

What I am doing now? I am teaching preschool two days a week in Katy, subbing occasionally, and spending a lot of time studying!

What is next? Glad you asked….because I covet your prayers!! I am going to Richmond, Virginia on TUESDAY (Oct. 2nd) for the IMB Matching Conference. That is the time where I will possibly be matched with a specific job with the IMB (International Mission Board of the Baptist Convention). It is still my prayer that the Lord will provide me with a job in Kenya, although there are no qualifying jobs on the official board at this time. If it is His will for me to be there working with the IMB, He can do amazing things and work out all of the details. Regardless, I pray that I will be open to His will above my own selfish desires!

So here is my prayer request: that the Lord clearly show me His plan for me in this season. I pray that my eyes will be open to where HE is leading, and that if He wants me to serve somewhere other than Kenya, that He will give me a desire and a calling for wherever He is leading. I claim Isaiah 30:21: “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’” May I clearly hear His voice above all else.

If it is not the Lord’s will for me to serve with the IMB, I pray that He make that abundantly clear to me, as well. I know that He will guide and protect me in all circumstances, as I submit my will to His.

Thank you to so many of you who have been asking about me, and to those who have been faithful to pray! It has meant more to me than you’ll ever know! I could certainly use your prayers in the next week and a half!!!

In addition to the Philippians 1:6 verse that I posted about earlier this week, these are a few verses I am praying and claiming now… (I may have posted some of them at other times in the past few weeks.)

“The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever – do not abandon the works of your hands.” (Psalm 138:8)

“Many are the plans in man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” (Proverbs 19:21)

“With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of His calling, and that by His power He may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith. We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in Him according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.” (II Thessalonians 1:11-12)

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things, at all times, having all that you need, you may abound in every good work.” (II Corinthians 9:8)

“May the God of peace…equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever.” (Hebrews 13:21)

2 comments:

Karla said...

I will definitely be praying for you as you go to the matching conference. I know EXACTLY how you feel! I don't know if you have read my blog, but you will see some of the same prayer requests on it from me. Thank you for the great Scriptures. They really spoke to my current situation. If you see Ken Eells and/or Debbie Williamson at the IMB, tell them Karla says "hi." I was just there last week for Candidate Conference.

Unknown said...

Just wanted to introduce myself and tell you that we at FBC Midland are so proud of you. I'm on staff and work with your mother. What a great lady! If you run into Bob Calvert (not sure about spelling) tell him hello from Gene Hilburn. We went to S.W.B.T.S together. I had the privilege to do some work in Kenya several years ago.

May the LORD truly bless you and protect you as you serve Him. My prayer for you is that when times become hard you will KNOW His presence in a new way (a way that only a few truly know).

Many blessings,
Gene Hilburn
Associate Pastor / Family Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...