I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Bread Crumbs

That's what Kris calls them. As I am here, waiting on the Lord, He continues to show Himself to me and remind me that He has a plan for me. Just when I need one, He drops a bread crumb in front of me.

Back in April, when I first felt permission for God to go forward in pursuing full-time missionary service, He spoke to me through Isaiah 30:21, saying, "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you will hear a voice in your ear saying, 'This is the way, walk in it.'" I have continued to claim that verse at each cross-roads I experience.

I think God continues to speak as that voice in my ear through the "little things," the bread crumbs in my path. Last week, just as I was thanking Him for meeting my personal needs of friendship and social support while in Kenya this summer, and praying that He would continue to bless and cultivate those relationship, I checked my email and had FOUR emails from Kenyan friends, and these were not the regular people that I correspond with.

Then, I sent some pictures to CVS to be developed. When I went to pick them up, I heard the photo guy talking to customer in an African accent. It sounded just like a Kenyan accent!! But, I didn't want to be the stereotypical American and assume it was, so I wasn't going to say anything. But, as I stepped up and told him I needed to pick up pictures, he said, "for Trena." Hmmm. Then, he brought them back and said, "You were in Kenya?" I said, "Yes! Where are you from?" "Nakuru." (a town northwest of Nairobi) What a blessing! I had been considering doing the international student ministry that was introduced in our Sunday school class a few weeks ago, but I think God just gave me one specifically saved for me. He is a student at UofH. He told me about a group of Kenyan friends that get together periodically and said that he would call the next time they do. That was just this weekend, so I will look forward to seeing what kid of doors the Lord opens through this. I have been praying about opportunities to learn more Kiswahili before returning.

On Wednesday, I started the Chronological Bible Storying class at the church. I have heard about the program being used in rural Kenya, Sudan, and Zambia. (It's used all over, but I had heard of it through those places.) Anyway, when I went in, I met (re-met) Peter Swann and another couple (I forgot their names) who all served with the IMB! Peter knew all of the missionaries I knew in Kenya! It was a great encouragement! As we talked about the ISC process and ministry placements, he totally understood my thought processes and desires. Again, another bread crumb of encouragement.

God continues to bless me each and every day. I am now LOVING being at home and enjoying the opportunities He is giving me! I will have to update on that later. This post is too long already! :-)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...