I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Mzungu or Kenyan?

Tina and Mutua came to Houston!! (They are the couple I lived with this summer...my "Kenyan family.") They brought me a special shirt. Since they couldn't find a shirt that said, "I'm really Kenyan" or "I'm Kamba" (the name of their tribe), they had to settle for "Mzungu." (White person!)
One day while I was there, Derek (their nephew, Dee's son) said something about me being a mzungu. Noshi, his younger brother, got quite upset! "She's Auntie Trena! She's NOT a mzungu!" Maybe he'll believe it if he sees it in writing. I miss those little guys!

While they were here, Tina taught me how to tie my hair in a Kenyan wrap. Lots of fun! This is Susan, Tina's sister, with us. Their coming was a surprise to her. Great fun and tricky scheduling to pull that surprise off!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...