I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Mom is Coming!!!

Woo hoo!!  My mom has begun her second (annual, I hope) journey to Kenya! She is currently in Houston with Kris, finishing the final packing of crates, having a last really good meal, and soon to be boarding her flight for Nairobi, via London.  
Tag (who is still greatly mourning the loss of his best buddy sister, Dot) was REALLY wanting to hop in and come with her.  

Your prayers for my mom's safe travel would be greatly appreciated! She is an amazing woman and I have no doubt she will make the journey just fine, but this is her first time to do it alone and she is a bit nervous.  

If you know my mom, well...you know.  Specifically, pray for her safety and  well being during the trip and while she is here. No accidents!  Last year, she had an amazingly healthy trip!  Absolutely no issues whatsoever, and even her eyes had no problems.  We claim that same provision for this time...in Jesus' name!

Also, if I could ask a selfish prayer request, please pray for me.  Whether it is an attack or whatever, this has been an incredibly difficult week for me.  Within the past week I have had strep throat, a stomach virus, and sinus issues with a horrible pressure headache, in addition to a few staff issues that I need to deal with.  All that was followed by a fall down the stairs yesterday. Needless to say, I want my mama!!!  And somehow moms just know, don't they?  

God's timing is perfect. I am looking forward to a wonderful time with my mom.  It will be a busy time, but I hope we can find some moments to just sit and enjoy each others' company. Our little getaway trip is not going to work out, money better spent elsewhere, so we will try to be intentional to have a little time to relax. I know we are going to have a great time...starting in 23.5 hours! 

Thanks for your prayers....

1 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting! She is going to get to hold some babies. Praying for her safety as she travels.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...