I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday's Favorite

Baby Bananas...Mmmm!

When I was home last time, I picked up a banana thinking it would be the perfect little afternoon snack.  I peeled it open, sunk my teeth into it, and was suddenly confused. I was eating something that I thought was familiar, but was somehow...well, just wrong. I handed to my mom and asked her to taste it. Nothing wrong. I love bananas. My favorite fruit. How could this be so no-right? 
Well, I guess I had gotten used to the amazing little baby bananas in Kenya. That is one thing I really do love about this place...great fruit.  The baby bananas are my favorite.  I'm sure they have some real, official name, but I just call them baby bananas. 
Mmm...I do love them. They're may favorite fruit this week...most weeks.  I can't explain how they are different from the bananas in America; they just are.

4 comments:

A. Mosley said...

Those are awesome! As someone whose wife loves anything miniature, I can tell you that Melody would LOVE those!

Bethany said...

This is funny...in the midst of our callings and our big God stuff...we still get to have these everyday moments of pleasure and suprise... Do you think this is God's idea of a practical joke?

Trena said...

Yes, they are fun. And yes, it's the little things in life...
And an even better thing...there are little twin bananas, two in one peel. Way cute. And I always feel like I won something when I get one of those. :-)

Sarah said...

The bananas in Brazil are amazing too. I too was VERY disappointed when I got home and realized that the American ones only look the same (well accept for "baby bananas"). I hadn't realized that the shipping process to the US is forever long and so they cut them WAY before they are ripe. I didn't realize that one banana tree produces only one harvest of bananas a year, before it is cut down to the ground and can begin again! I miss Brazil! I've had fun reading your blog Trina! What a joy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...