I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Thank You, Lisa!!

I am a little late in posting this, but it is due its time. I wasn't actually up-to-date on my blogging at the time I should have posted this. But, better late than never, and of all people, she understands better than most the reasons for the delay....

LISA - my "second set of hands"

Lisa was here with me for seven weeks helping to get the baby house started. I could not have done it without her!!! Not only did she help me talk through things, make decisions and problems solve, she was a great friend. It was so nice to just have someone around to do things with.

Here is a small list of some of Lisa's "helps." I am so thankful she was here to work side-by-side with me while we were....
* packing and moving me out of my house & into the baby house,
* ordering furniture
* fixing the car battery

* writing childrens home registration documents
* organizing the babies' room
* opening the back door to the Prado
* unpacking in the new house
* revising childrens home registration documents
* planning for ministry teams
* decision-making for solving staffing problems
* setting up the staff housing
* choosing a floor rug for babies
* submitting registration documents
* making me walk down the baboon road!! (a few times)

* meeting Sam (about a hundred times)
* "counseling" (or threatening) Nellie
* "counseling" (or threatening) ME!
* rewriting registration documents
* discipling HOH staff
* playing football with the Bible Club boys
* choosing curtain material
* videoing momentous occasions
* resubmitting registration documents
* making me stick to decisions I had made
* getting me back on the blogging track

* choosing curtain material
* making friends with our new neighbors
* meeting with childrens officer and seeing our new babies
* being "auntie" to our babies, even before they arrived

It was hard to let Lisa leave before the babies came, but I know she had to get back to her "real job" and ministry at home. She did so much to help us get ready for a ministry that she will continue to be a part of....even if she is not here with us.

Lisa, I could not have done it all without you!! Thank you for giving your time,
energy and gifts! I am so thankful for you and cannot express that enough. God knew exactly what He was doing in bringing you here this summer....even if you and I did not. Please come back soon and see all your friends! We miss you!


**Note to Mrs. Horning - Jackie is awesome, too! She's doing a great job and there will be more to come about my friend who is STILL HERE helping! By the way...can she stay?!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...