I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Haven of Hope Dedication Service

We had the dedication service for the baby center last Sunday afternoon. It was an amazing time.

I had wanted to have babies in the house by then, but it didn't happen. Obviously, that was my plan and not God's plan. But as always, His plan far exceeds my expectations and is far better than what I could plan myself. Looking back, I can see the benefit of not yet having children in the home. Now, these children will enter into a home that has already been consecrated to the Lord and prayed over by many people who already love them. The day was wonderful and God truly showed Himself faithful.


I was so blessed to have such an amazing group come to participate in the home dedication. There were people from so many different areas of life....all the ministries I work with, friends and church members here, friends from home, neighbors. I was sad that some people were not here to celebrate and pray with us - my parents, Kris, Bev, Don & Bonnie, many others. You guys were missed! Thanks to all those who did come. I was truly honored and blessed to have you here.

We had a time of worship, led by Stan and a few guys from Ngong Pentecostal. Then, I shared a bit about how we got here. I talked about the support of all of it, how we could not be here without all our friends in America. William shared, representing the many from "that side." Then, I was able to introduce the board of Haven of Hope and the staff here at the home to be the ones from "this side." It was a great full-circle kind of day.




We had a time of sharing and worship, then everyone when their own way and spent a little time praying over the home....the grounds, the house, the animals, the babies' beds, everything. Such a special time.





























0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...