I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Shed

I'm so glad to be a part of the Shed! Over the years, it has grown (in many ways), changed, multiplied, split (yes, I know we're not supposed to use that word, but I like it...that's what happens when things grow so big...they expand then split!), and many lives have been touched through the Shed.

At different times over the past six years - YES, I've been in the Shed for 6 years! - I have contemplated changing classes, just for the sake of change. For some reason, I'm always drawn to stay. It's home. It's mine.

I've been reminded over the past few weeks why I love it so and why I'm proud to be a part of the Shed. The Shed touches lives. Many. Unfortunately, we don't always realize how many - and how deeply. I've been touched by the Shed as I have seen how it has touched others. In Rachel Parker's wedding program, she testified of how the Shed, and relationships made through it, have impacted her life. Wendel Short's family voiced the same. What a blessing to see how the class came together in such a difficult time. Not just the fun, easy times - the times it needs to, regardless of circumstances. It pulls together to meet needs, to pray, to encourage, to love, to remind of God's grace and faithfulness. That's what family does. The Shed is a family. And I'm happy to be a part of it.

(FYI...for those of you who don't know...the Shed is my Sunday school class at Houston's First Baptist.)

Proof of a changing Shed...the only group picture I have, from Spring Retreat '04, I think. Wow...now Real Deal,
The Life, married, gone...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...