I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Letters to Julia - Happy where you are

Dear Julia,


I love learning lessons from you. And as you grow older you teach me more and more, especially as you are able to verbalize all that crazy stuff that goes on in your little head!
The whole time we were in America and I asked if you were ready to go back to Kenya, you always emphatically answered, "No. I want to stay in America." Now that we are back in Kenya and people ask you if you want to go back to America, you still answer, "No."


Earlier today we were talking about Nana & Papa's house and all of your fun things in your room at Nana & Papa's house. I said, "I miss Nana & Papa's house. That is a fun place, isn't it? Do you want to go back there and visit?" And you, in all of your three year old wisdom said, "Mom, but we are in Kenya now and not Nana's house. When it is time to go back, then we can want to go to America. Now we are going to play in Nakuru, Kenya in my room. Okay?"


Oh, baby girl. Yes, that is okay. We are going to play in your room in  Nakuru, Kenya and enjoy every minute of it! Thank you for reminding me to be happy where I am and not wish away the time I have in front of me. It is okay to want to visit America again, but it is most important to be happy in the place God has us right now. And I am happy to be here, mostly because I am with you (and the boys and the babies and the aunties) and God has great things for us here. 


I love you so much, baby girl! You are growing up to be such a great girl, and I love our conversations. I am so glad that you are mine. 


Love, 
Mommy

post signature

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that girl is so smart! can't wait to be over there and to play with her in her room in Nakuru, Kenya :)

Karen Ivy said...

That's MY Granddaughter! She is so smart and I love her so!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...