I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

These Days....

Well, I have obviously slacking on the blog posting lately. Maybe that can tell you something of how these weeks have been going. I have been traveling quite a bit, as well as spending time with my family and helping my mom.

Traveling back and forth to Houston (an 8 hour drive - with a 3 year old) has become a normal thing to us, averaging twice a month. I enjoy meeting with friends and supporters, and it seems that there is always HCO work for Kris and I to catch up on. We have enjoyed some great trips to Florida and Pennsylvania as well.

In Midland, I have been enjoying time with my parents. My mom has had a tough year. So many times through her first 9 1/2 months of recovery I had wished I were here to help her. Some wonderful friends have stepped in to take care of her, driving her to and from work, therapy, doctor appointments, etc. Now, that is my job and I am SO happy that I get to do it! Julia is definitely loving time with Nana & Papa!

There are SO many fun things about our time in America, Julia's amazing developments, and the goings-on in Kenya that I want to tell you about....I just can't seem to find the time to sit and do it. I never thought I would be busier here in America than in Kenya. It is actually a weird thing - life is busier in running errands and going here and there, doing things while in America, yet it is busier in a different way in Kenya, running the ministry, solving problems, and living under the stresses of life while in that country. It feels as though I don't have enough hours in the day while in America, yet I am always more tired, exhausted and stressed while in Kenya.

Anyway, these are some random thought I had while I was driving around, thinking of why I have not been able to blog lately. So, there you have it....my thoughts for today regarding our time in America. And my excuse for not posting regularly. :-)
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...