I'm so glad you found us! We love to share our story of what the Lord is doing in and through our ministry in Kenya. If you are a reader, please click the link on the right-hand side and "Follow Along!" And stop back by anytime! Karibu sana!

Monday, September 26, 2011

One Year Ago Today.....my amazing mom

My mom's accident was one year ago today. She has come so far and I am so very proud of her!

After three weeks in the hospital, three months at home, nine months with a walker, she is plugging away and is almost back to normal. She is a picture of persistence and endurance! She works so hard. Now, she is working half days, going to therapy four times per week, and hopes to start driving again soon....with her physical therapist's approval, of course. :-) I have no doubt that she will be restored to full health very soon!

It was so hard to be so far away from her this past year. So many times I have felt so helpless and like the worst daughter in the world, depending on so many wonderful people to do the things I should have been here to do. Honestly, one of the biggest blessings for me in this trip home is simply being with my mom, doing the things I wish I had been here to do all year....picking her up from work, taking her to therapy, to doctor's appointment, to run errands, shopping and cooking for she and my dad. So many blessings in the "little things." We are living life together. I am not taking this for granted! I am soaking up every minute of it, adding each little thing to my blessings count.

Julia and my mom already had a special bond before we even came home. They Skype often and talk on the phone almost every day when we are in Kenya. But having Julia here in person has made a world of difference! The change in Mom since we have been here is HUGE!

How great is this picture on SO many levels?!?!
Mom & Julia together....in America! A little piece of heaven on earth.
Mom at a water park
Julia at a water park
Mom with a smile without a hint of headache in her eyes
Mom kneeling down - no walker anywhere in sight

She has gotten discouraged at her rate of progress, still not being back to normal, but I just see the amazing progress she HAS made! We never dreamed this road to recovery would have been so long, but it is a road in the right direction. God is faithful.

We are so grateful to all the people who have helped my parents through this year, to all the people who have prayed. My mom is blessed with some wonderful friends!

I love you so much, Mom! I am so glad I am here with you for these few months, and I am thankful for who you are in my life.
post signature

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...